Friday, April 15, 2011

Where does the time go?

How is it that when one thing gets done, 5 more things need to be done? To-do lists grow and grow by the hour in this house, but then why does nothing ever get done?!? As of right now I do the most important things that need to be done and everything else gets swept under the rug.

My husband has taught me how to live a bit stress free. I've said this before but he has taught me to take each day as it comes. Tomorrow is not promised so we pretty much live for today. We live in the moment and tackle each task as it comes. I have so many things that need to be done, I can't even remember what they are. I will try to compile a list:

To-Do List:

  • Clean (this needs to happen daily)
  • Plan Joanna's 1st birthday party (I am keeping this simple!)
  • Keep in contact with family & friends (thank goodness for text messages!!)
  • Keep baby satisfied (this can go either way)
  • Eat right (not happening!!)
  • Get some form of exercise (uh yeah, I am lazy and tired!)
  • Go to a billion stores (grocery store, target, michaels, joanns, mall in general, bed bath & beyond, etc.)
  • ^^[why are there so many things to buy?!]
  • Sew something (nearly impossible when the baby is awake-she LOVES wires)
  • Make & Send Easter cards (halfway there, photos are taken)
  • Post in my blogs (possible thanks to night time sleeping)
  • Finish decorating Joanna's room (need hubbys help!!)
  • Take a shower (what's that?) <--kidding but this can only be done during nap time!
  • Win the lottery (this is MOST important because then I will hire someone to do it all!)

Of course, in addition to this list there are plenty of things in between and things lost in my brain. As long as the baby is fed, clean, happy that is really all I have time for! Mommy does need to be clean and eat from time to time so I try to get that done too LOL. When you have a baby, they are placed at the top of that list, everyday for the rest of your life! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE being a mommy and having someone to take care of, but it's crazy how much your life changes.



1 comment:

  1. You are a FANTASTIC mother, you have so much love to share with sweet Joanna. We find time for things that we prioritize first. I can't imagine how challenging and different it is to be a mommy! But you are doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete