Friday, February 11, 2011

Mommy has been a busy bee!

It's been a while since I have posted! So much is going on and not to mention earlier this week I haven't been feeling well, but I am back! I hope I was missed a tad :-)

I'll start with my daughters Valentines Day Dress! I did a "pillowcase" dress without using a pillowcase and made some baby shoes to go along with it. The dress turned out great but I don't think this is my favorite dress. It is easy to make and I would suggest having some ribbon for the ties but I myself just made ties with contrasting fabric that I used for the shoes.


Even after I cut the pattern pieces bigger since the last incident of the purple toe (earlier post), the shoes STILL didn't fit!! :-( I think maybe the elastic was too tight. Trial and error, trial and error! You can find the tutorial for this dress here. She uses bias tape and that is something I have not worked with yet but I am sure I will in the future!


Valentines Day Mini Photo Shoot:
And here is one of the dress without the jacket:
Not so bad eh? :-) I still need to edit the photos but picnik.com is being a P.I.T.A.!!! It's having problems making a secure connection with my computer. I am bummed! I did some editing with fotoflexer.com but I don't like them as much. I guess I will have to settle since I tried EVERYTHING to make it work!

I'D ALSO LIKE TO SHARE, a gift for my Aunt's birthday. Her birthday is this Sunday so I sewed her a few small things. Here they are:
We have a flower pin, pocket tissue holder, checkbook cover, and keychain wristlet. You can find the checkbook tutorial here. The rest of the tutorials are in my previous blog posts :-)


Hope you enjoyed!

COMING UP: Valentines Day, Jeep Liberty Stroller Review.











No comments:

Post a Comment